https://golfnaperville.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Need-your-help.jpg 1080 1920 Teesnap Developer https://golfnaperville.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/logo_ns2.png Teesnap Developer2020-05-20 13:30:522020-05-20 13:30:52We need your help to lessen restrictions on golf!
We need your help to lessen restrictions on golf!
The State of Illinois is scheduled to transition to Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois plan later this month, according to the latest information provided by Governor Pritzker. However, at this time we have not been provided any guidance on what Phase 3 restrictions will look like for golf, including allowing foursomes, practice areas and reducing tee time intervals.
The local golf associations, (Illinois PGA, CDGA, and Midwest Golf Course Superintendents) are working together to promote the easing of the current restrictions on golf.
The Illinois Allied Golf Associations believe that the current restrictions should be modified and will not jeopardize the safety of those who play, maintain, and administer the game of golf. Since the guidelines were published for the reopening of golf on May 1st they have been recommending to the Governor’s office specifically:
- Groups shall be made up of no more than four (4) players.
- Tee times shall be set by the facility and spaced to avoid clustering on the golf course. This is a course-specific parameter.
- Properly sanitized motorized carts may be used by a single-rider. Two players may ride in the same cart if they are members of the same family or household.
- Practice ranges and practice areas may be open and private golf instruction can occur on an individual basis. All practicing and instruction must be set up for social distancing, removing all common touch points while also employing sanitation procedures and protocol.
- Restaurants and halfway houses may be open for off-premises takeout and/or “to-go” orders golfers can consume on-or-off-course. (all tables and chairs removed or flipped upside down to prohibit use; all possible congregation areas eliminated)
As you know, the current guidelines have not changed since May 1 and now are some of the most restrictive in the country. As the Governor continues to speak about moving into phase 3 of his re-opening of Illinois plan, we want to make sure the current guidelines are modified in accordance with these recommendations.
Below is a link to contact your state legislator to ask them to support these recommendations to modify the current restrictions on golf. We are asking for your help in convincing the Governor to modify the restrictions on golf in accordance with the recommendations of the Illinois Allied Golf Associations.
Thank you for your help.